Ghosts From Our Past
Erin Gilbert and Abby L. Yates
Paranormal, Fantasy, Humor, Fiction
The Rivers Press
June, 28 2016
Years before they made headlines with the Ghostbusters, Erin Gilbert and Abby L. Yates published the groundbreaking study of the paranormal, Ghosts from Our Past. Once lost to history, this criminally underappreciated book is now back in print, revised and somewhat updated for the new century.
According to Gilbert and Yates, “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence,” and whether you’re a believer or a skeptic, you’ll find the information you’re seeking right here in this extraordinary book, including:
· The childhood experiences that inspired Erin and Abby’s lifelong passion for the scientific study of the paranormal;
· The history of ghosts and other supernatural entities, the science that explains their existence, and profiles of the groundbreaking paranormal researchers who have investigated them;
· An illustrated guide to Class I through Class VII ghosts;
· Helpful sidebars like “A Ghost by Any Other Name” and “Ectoplasm Cleanup Tips”;
· Updates including “The Ghostbusters’ Arsenal” by Jillian Holtzmann and “Haunted History” by Patty Tolan;
· A new Ghostbusting Resources appendix, featuring the “Paranormal Quickstart Guide”, “Is It a Ghost? A Handy Quiz”, “A Supernatural Stakeout Journal”, “The Devil’s Dictionary: Paraterminology You Need to Know”; and more.
With this helpful—and hilarious—official Ghostbusters guide in hand, you’ll be prepared for almost any spirit, spook, or spectre that comes your way. As for the rest, you know who to call.
I have yet to watch the new ghostbusters movie that was released in July. This book made me excited to see the movie, though! And for once, I was able to read something without any spoilers!
I loved reading this book! It was so much fun and I learned a lot. Not to mention the cover is cute! I felt like I was reading hilarious diary entries! I liked getting Erin Gilberts back story on her ghost encounters. I also liked all the different ghost type explanations she gives. This was exactly my type of book, I loved every page of it and give it five out of five stars!
Andrew Shaffer: The New York Times-bestselling author of the essential survival guide, How to Survive a Sharknado and Other Unnatural Disasters, as well as the Ghostbusters tie-in, Ghosts from Our Past: Both Literally and Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal and the political thriller, The Day of the Donald: Trump Trumps America.
Erin Gilbert: Ph.D., M.S., previously taught theoretical physics at Columbia University before taking permanent extended leave to cofound the Ghostbusters. Erin has been friends—and, for a short time, frenemies—with Abby for nearly three decades. As a wise man once said, “There is no spirit more powerful than the spirit of friendship.”
Abby L. Yates: Ph.D., is a supernatural scientist and founding member of the Ghostbusters. Prior to joining the private sector, she was a professor of paranormal studies at the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute of Science. Her philosophy is that if she can be a scientist, then so can anyone.
I'm 23 years old and a home health care worker. I picked up reading more after high school and now I love it! I try and read whenever I get a chance. I also write and take pictures. In my spare time, I watch movies and catch up with my favorite TV shows with my boyfriend. We also have a cat child that I absolutely adore. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me!